SandStorm IT is an experienced and passionate group of designers, developers, project managers and technicians. Every client we work with becomes a part of the team. Together, we face the challenges and celebrate the victories. SandStorm IT has the expertise and experience to bring your vision to life.
President & CEO
Doyle has over 30 years of end-to-end experience in information technology. As part of the IT leadership team for the world’s largest retail auto parts chain, his contributions covered the full range of information technology and software solutions.
Doyle “retired” from the corporate world to provide the values and benefits of optimizing and leveraging information technology assets, solutions, and investments for small to medium-sized businesses and organizations. He is passionate and committed to applying his 30+ years of experience and expertise in a competitive and cost effective manner for his customers and clients.
In his spare time, Doyle enjoys spending time with Lynn, his wife of 35 years, as well as his sons, Jordan and his wife, Lindsey, and Jake. They enjoy traveling and sightseeing. He also likes to play a round or two of golf on occasion.
Posts by Doyle
- Going Back to the Office? Now what? (5/4/2020)
- TiptonTakeout.com Launched for Local Restaurants and Businesses (4/21/2020)
- SandStorm IT Response to the COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic (3/18/2020)
- Don’t Get Phished! (10/7/2019)
- Why must ALL of my computers be covered under an MSP agreement? (7/22/2019)
- What exactly is ERP? (2/18/2019)
- 2018 In Review and 2019 In Our Sights (1/9/2019)
- The SandStorm IT Team Christmas & Holiday Dinner (12/21/2018)
- 5 Reasons to Outsource Your IT Help Desk Support (10/29/2018)
- SandStorm IT Moves Up to #12 on the MBJ 2018 List of Largest Memphis Area IT Companies (9/11/2018)
Chief Operating Officer
Jake is a proud graduate of the University of Memphis, holding a BA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Prior to founding SandStorm Innovations, LLC with Jordan and Doyle, he spent 6 years in the Supply Chain organization for a Fortune 500 retailer. His expertise is centered around Business Activities, Process Improvement, and Transportation and Distribution Network Design. He has been a central member of strategic teams for several key initiatives, including distribution network realignments, delivery operations tests, resource utilization and efficiency strategies, routing optimization, and transportation software development, training, and implementation. Throughout his career, he has developed and honed his project management skills. He excels at coordinating cross-functional teams to meet project milestones, exceed deadlines, and develop best business practices.
The younger of the two Sanders brothers, Jake brings many valuable skills to the management team of SandStorm. Keeping a finger on the financial pulse is Jake’s main focus at SandStorm, as he’s responsible for the financial and business operations. A strong business background allows him to ensure customer needs are exceeded, while maintaining a strong financial position and vision for the company. His experience working with teams with diverse backgrounds strengthened his communication skills, allowing him to break down complex ideas in a way that is easily understood and absorbed. Jake comes from a world where efficiency is king. He is very adept at quickly understanding a process, identifying inefficiencies, then developing an approach to streamline the operation.
When he’s not finding ways to “do more with less”, Jake spends his time with his two dogs, Stella and Remington. He enjoys reading, cooking, shooting sports, and entertaining everyone with his corny jokes (a talent he inherited from Doyle).
Posts by Jake
Jordan B. Sanders
Jordan has more than a decade of professional, full-stack web application development experience and is well-versed in modern languages, frameworks, and design patterns. He loves learning about new technology.
Jordan enjoys spending time with Lindsey, his wife of over ten years. They share a passion for fantasy, science fiction, and studying the parts of life which are rarely considered.
In addition to his work in technology and his time with his wife, Jordan has a strong passion for music and can be found performing on TheCyberPulse Twitch channel. He is also likely to be found simply writing or recording some music of his own.
Posts by Jordan
- The Purpose and Scope of Popular Open Source Software Licenses (8/4/2020)
- 5 Tips to Bring Any Team Together with Software (3/16/2020)
- What is Linux, and Why Would I Want to Use It? (12/16/2019)
- What does Facebook know about you? (11/5/2018)
- What does Google know about you? (10/15/2018)
- Common Browser-based Network Attacks and How to Avoid Them (10/4/2018)
Vice President & CTO
Justin has been working in the IT business for more than 19 years. He has a creative approach to solving technical challenges both large and small. There is not a problem out there that can’t be solved.
Justin enjoys spending time with his family, cooking, and shooting sports.
Posts by Justin
- What are Managed IT Services? (7/28/2020)
- Guide to PCI DSS – Part 1: What is PCI DSS? (6/1/2020)
- Data Breaches – What you need to know (11/25/2019)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 End-of-Life Support is Near (6/24/2019)
- How can a multi-site “Voice over Internet Protocol” (VoIP) solution benefit your business? (5/6/2019)
- Why does my business need a next-gen firewall? (3/4/2019)
- When does your business need a server? (1/7/2019)
Matt has had a long time interest in all things technology – from computers to home theater and audio systems. He’s experienced in hardware, troubleshooting, networking, and some web development. Matt’s free time interests include cooking, home remodeling, outdoor activities (shooting, fishing, swimming, etc) and spending time with family.
Posts by Matt
- Is your computer running slowly? Here are 3 simple solutions! (9/22/2020)
- Why do I need an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)? (2/17/2020)
- What are the best ways to combat computer infections? (1/20/2020)
- Solid State Drives, are they worth the expense? (11/11/2019)
- How can I find hidden programs running in the background? (6/3/2019)
- Backups: Is my data safe when EVERYTHING goes wrong? (1/21/2019)
IT Support Specialist
Brandon was born and raised in Louisiana. His interest in computers started as a child when he began playing around with the family computer. He graduated high school in Louisiana in 2000. After high school, he attended Louisiana Tech University for a few years, before deciding college wasn't for him. He found his way into law enforcement, where he worked until 2011. At that time he decided it was time to finish college, so he re-enrolled at Louisiana Tech University. In 2015 he graduated with a Bachelor's degree in General Studies with a minor in Computer Information Systems. He has been working in the IT field since.
When he isn’t working, Brandon loves to spend time with his family and friends. His hobbies and interests include sports, cooking, video games, live music, and fishing. Being from Louisiana, he has a deep connection with the Bayou state and the state's unique history, culture, and cuisine. On Saturday nights in the fall, you can always catch him pulling for his beloved LSU Tigers.
Director, Software Development
Tim has over 20 years in IT Infrastructure and Applications management with acute and ambulatory care organizations throughout the southeast. Tim holds an undergraduate degree from University of Memphis and a graduate degree from Christian Brothers University.
In his spare time, he enjoys restoring and riding motorcycles.
Robert is a 10 and half-year Navy veteran who enjoys traveling and seeing the world. He has lived in San Diego, CA, Oahu, HI, and Yokosuka, Japan. On deployments in the Navy, he has traveled all over the Pacific Ocean to the Persian Gulf stopping along the way to see many of countries that touch the Pacific Ocean. Robert enjoys tinkering with computers and solving complex puzzles which lead him into being a network administrator.
Robert has always had a love for computers, building his first computer when he was thirteen. Having worked on both Windows Server 2003 and Linux servers, he is a very versatile IT technician that is ready to complete any task that is handed to him. When he isn’t at work, he spends time with his wife and son and also going out to play some golf.
Posts by Robert
Associate Infrastructure Architect
Cristian is a recent graduate of Southwest Tennessee Community College, with a degree in Information Technologies and a concentration in Networking. He's been in the IT workforce for 2 years.
Cristian's interest in IT was sparked from wanting to understand more about how computer software was developed. When he was in college, he took a course in Networking and found a new interest, steering him to change his major.
In his time off, Cristian is dedicated to bettering himself. He is currently dedicated to earning his CCENT, but doesn't let that distract him from exercise and playing rugby with the Memphis Blues.
Posts by Cristian
- What are the 5 biggest mistakes when migrating data? (4/27/2020)
- How can I protect my employees from phishing? (8/12/2019)
- What’s the difference between a data leak and data breach? (6/24/2019)
- Are you still on a workgroup network? (4/15/2019)
- Where is the best location to install my Wireless Router? (3/18/2019)
Mark has loved computers since he started hacking away at Linux boxes in middle school. He is passionate about solving problems in the best possible way, and can often be found experimenting with the latest programming languages, reading, or writing guitar-based music.
He is currently finishing his final semester of a BS in Computer Science at the University of Memphis.
Jacob became interested in Computer Programming and Internet security while in middle school. He taught himself programming in C++ and Python at this time, and later worked on video game programming and web security tools in high school. He has a BS in Computer Science from the University of Memphis, where he was a Computer Science tutor for two years.
In his free time, Jacob likes to play Super Smash Bros. competitively and play a relaxing game of billiards every now and then with friends.
Posts by Jacob
- What is the Internet of Things (IoT)? (9/8/2020)
- What is a Denial of Service Attack? (9/1/2020)
- What is a VPN? (3/23/2020)
- What are social media bots and how can I protect myself? (2/3/2020)
- What is a Firewall and Why do I need one? (1/13/2020)
- What makes a strong password? (10/14/2019)
- What is cryptojacking and how does it affect me? (6/10/2019)
- What is “Incognito mode” in Google Chrome and Why would you use it? (12/10/2018)
- What is the future of IoT? (11/19/2018)
- What are the security concerns of IoT? (9/17/2018)
Jeff has over 10 years of graphics experience including web graphics and large-format printed graphics. He also has close to 10 years of experience in both B2B and B2C E-commerce. Jeff is a Certified Google Adwords Professional with solid CPC advertising knowledge. He’s been a Constant Contact All-Star Award winner for the past 4 years with exceptional e-mail marketing content, open rates and click-through rates. Jeff is an experienced web developer with experience in software such as WordPress, Magento & PinnacleCart.
In his spare time, Jeff enjoys building things and tinkering. His hobbies are many and include: Video Games, Racing radio-controlled cars, Robotics, General Electronics, Arcade Restoration, Woodworking and Building/Designing various things for family and friends. When he’s not busy creating, he can often be found with his daughter Samantha (Age 5) and his beautiful wife of 10 years, Carmen.
Posts by Jeff
- 5 Awesome Google Chrome Extensions to Optimize Your Browsing Experience (10/13/2020)
- What is a Network Attached Storage? (9/15/2020)
- Mobile Websites Versus Mobile Applications (8/18/2020)
- 5 Factors to Consider When Choosing an Internet Service Provider (7/8/2020)
- 6 Windows Keyboard Shortcuts You May Not Know (6/29/2020)
- 4 Awesome Design Tools for the Aspiring Digital Artist (5/18/2020)
- File Format Guide for Graphics: JPG, PNG, EPS, etc. (2/24/2020)
- What is a SIM Swap Attack and How can I Protect Myself? (2/10/2020)
- Why should I use a premium e-mail solution instead of free? (1/27/2020)
- Got a popup on your Windows 7 PC? Here’s what it means and what you can do. (1/17/2020)
Monica is a graduate of the University of Memphis where she obtained a BA in Accounting. Monica has always had a passion for working with numbers and mathematics. Her hobbies include watching college football, being outdoors, logic puzzles and board games.
John was born and spent his early life in Memphis, TN. For John, interest in computers started around age 7. He attended Delano Optional School, which was one of the first Technology-based magnet schools in the state. He graduated from Brighton High School in 2002, and went on to earn a Microcomputer Specialist Diploma from Tennessee College of Applied Technologies in 2005.
With nearly 15 years of on the job experience in IT, John’s duties and responsibilities have gone from virus removal and hardware troubleshooting of PCs to server and network implementations and troubleshooting and database administration and reporting.
When he isn’t working, John loves to spend time with his wife and best friend Leah, his talented and artistic daughter Karidee, and his unholy tornado 3-year-old son Jack. His hobbies and interests include video games, live music, TV shows / movies, Magic the Gathering, Munchkin, A Fistful of Meeples, Gomoku, and other tabletop games.
Michael “Miker” Irick
Miker is a man of many talents ranging from programming to philology, from music to mythography. Having been an amateur programmer for ten years working on ancient text-based games in C and more modern web-driven applications in PHP and, more recently, Ruby on Rails. He played a few musical instruments over the years, from trombone to guitar and bass.
Miker is also a writer of fiction having composed a couple of unpublished short stories as well as parts of an unfinished novel set in a detailed, fictional world complete with fleshed out languages, elaborate cartography, and exhaustive lore inspired by the works of Tolkien.
Posts by Michael
- 5 Things You Should Know If You’re Starting Out Programming (6/8/2020)
- Data Hashing and Encryption and How They Enhance Security (5/11/2020)
- What is a Domain Name System and how does it work? (2/4/2019)
- The Benefits and Risks of Software from the Internet (7/2/2018)
- Free (No Cost) Software, Open Source Software, and Free (Copy-left) Software (3/5/2018)
IT Support Specialist
In another life, Murray was a maintenance technician for a Memphis-based coin-operated laundry company. This is where he developed his acumen for electro-mechanical based troubleshooting. His career in maintenance would eventually spark his confidence and interest in the world of information technology. Fast-forwarding to 2018, Murray found himself at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology working on technical certifications, gaining experience and vital knowledge all while working full time. In March of 2019, he earned his CompTIA A+ certification.
When he’s not at work, he enjoys experimenting with all things radio, Raspberry Pi, and studying for his CompTIA Network+, Security+, and Cisco CCNA exams. Born in Memphis and raised in Tipton County, Murray loves the Mid South's rich history. He is a life long Memphis Tiger fan, St. Louis Cardinal fan and loves all things fishin'!
Senior Infrastructure Technician
Josh has more than 7 years experience as an IT consultant and technician, consistently working with everything from servers, to networks, to smartphones.
Josh enjoys learning about pretty much anything technology, including robots, augmented reality and software. He also designs 3D artwork and animations.
When he’s not working, Josh spends his time drawing and painting, or playing multiple musical instruments including the violin and guitar.
Posts by Josh
- Why should I setup my office server with a domain? (10/6/2020)
- What is Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE)? (9/29/2020)
- How does the Internet of Things affect cybersecurity? (6/15/2020)
- What’s the difference between managed and unmanaged backup? (4/13/2020)
- Why is HTTPS so important? (12/30/2019)
- How much longer can I keep running Windows 7? (11/4/2019)
- Are Apple computers immune to infections? (9/2/2019)
- How to Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi (7/8/2019)
- Why is phishing still the most common cyber-attack? (10/25/2018)
- How is Office 365 different than the standard version of Office? (10/1/2018)